Monday, August 23, 2010

The McSteamy Cleaner


Ok, I don't even watch Gray's, but names like that get famous. Probably more famous than this product, but it can try.
I'm not sure why I decided to get a steam cleaner. Probably just the fact that we have 2 dogs and a toddler. However I am glad I have it. It took me a while to decide on which one to get, but the Hoover All-Terrain SteamVac Carpet Cleaner (F7452900) got some good reviews.
http://www.amazon.com/Hoover-SteamVac-Cleaner-All-Terrain-F7452900/dp/B000FFM00S
It is pricey, but if you ever have paid a professional carpet cleaner, you know you get your money back. It proved especially helpful one Saturday (when the pros couldn't have done it) when my poor sick child vomited on our brand new den rug. We just whipped it out and cleaned it up.
Its easy to set up, but a little more work to get it cleaned out (especially if you have any dog hair around...not that I do, my house is spotless and dust-bunnyless, of course!) It's also pretty heavy. I keep it in the basement, and it's doable, but if you cannot lift heavy stuff for some reason, keep in mind you'd want to keep it on a main level.
The main drawback is that it is also for upholstery. I was not pleased with that option. I felt it was leaky and messy. Also, by the time the water got all the way down the hose, it was cold. I could have done more with a wet rag. But overall, I'm still so glad I have it


No comments:

Post a Comment