Friday, August 13, 2010

for melasma readers


I don't want to talk bad about certain companies, and many times certain products just don't work on me. I have melasma, which is a hormone-related skin problem. If you know me, you know I have dark spots on my face. Many times pregnancy and birth control make it worse, and the sun makes it even worse. This summer it has been the worst it has ever been so I started really trying lots of stuff. I had a chemical peel that worked a little...until I went to the beach. I also tried Clinique's Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Remover.
http://www.clinique.com/product/CATEGORY21368/PROD15706/Skin_Care/Uneven_Skin_Tone/index.tmpl
I didn't use it for the whole 12 weeks, but I saw no change whatsoever in the 8 weeks that I did use it. I don't want to say it doesn't work, because I don't think they would lie (and charge that much). Plus they've received lots of praise for it. My doctor even said it wouldn't work on my melasma. So if you just have dark spots, go for it....you can even have mine! But if you have melasma, the only thing that has worked on me (and has worked drastically!!!:)) is an expensive prescription bleach, Tri-Luma. Please ask your health care professional if Tri-Luma may be the right option for you.

2 comments:

  1. I have used Obagi for some slight skin pigmentation issues due to hormonal changes. I think it works really well. However, it is expensive. But, I guess if you want something that works, you have to spend the bucks!

    ReplyDelete