Sunday, September 12, 2010

This Potty Stinks

My daughter was awfully interested in the potty around 18 months. Ooooh, I thought, we are ahead of the curve...almost out of diapers! Oh, the money we will save!
Well, this "big girl" stage lasted about 3 months, only to leave her completely disinterested in such "grown-up" shenanigans. Every once in a while, she'll go and we'll make a big deal about it to make her feel good. Then there is the emptying of the potty. We have the Fisher-Price Elmo potty. It is not removing-human-waste-friendly. You have to rip the actual seat off, not lift it, and hope that nothing "splashes" around. All this to say that my reaction to the actual potty, not the potty-er, may be the discouragement!
I hate to write about this because my mom bought this certain potty for my daughter. But to give her credit, I was with her and completely agreed that it would be AWESOME, right? She loves Elmo! But this is one thing she (and I) can live without.
I did go and buy another potty (don't worry, mom, we still have elmo). It is by the brand Summer. It is so so easy. So for those new to potty-training, all I have to say is, check out the ease at which you can change it before you buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment