Sunday, January 9, 2011

Fake TV


I've heard about these fake TV's to deter burglars. I liked the idea and thought I'd try it. I even gave one as a gift at Christmas, which I think I regret. The idea is perfect-all the lights and "movements" a TV gives off, but with less power and you don't have to hook your TV up to a timer. I was under the impression that it comes on at dusk and stays on for either 4 or 7 hours, depending on the setting you choose. We used this once when we were out of town. I believe that it came on about midnight and then stayed on all night. I believe this because we left it plugged in after we returned home and I found it on in the middle of the night and then still on at 7 am! I think this would only make a burglar more curious as to why someone at our house watches TV from midnight until 7 am. Needless to say, I am not pleased with this product as an out-of-town deterrent. You have the option of just turning it on, so I may just use it as an out-to-dinner deterrent. But I can just leave the TV on for that. This faux TV is a faux pas to my wallet.
http://www.amazon.com/opto-electronic-design-inc-ftv-10-us-deterrent/dp/B001G3RGKM/ref=sr_1_cc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1294629012&sr=1-1-catcorr

No comments:

Post a Comment